The European tour continues to grow. With the Rolex series, boss Keith Pelley (chief executive of the European Tour) will strengthen the portfolio and attract further top players.
Keith Pelley said, “We are delighted to reveal the Rolex series today and we are determined to expand it in the years ahead.”
Today’s announcement deepens the historical connection between Rolex and the European Tour, the Swiss company is partner and official timekeeper of the Tour since 1997.
In the year 2017, the Rolex series will offer at least seven tournaments in seven legendary golf locations around the world:
- May: BMW PGA Championship, Wentworth Club, England
- July: Dubai Duty Free Irish Open, Portstewart GC, Northern Ireland
- July: Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open, Dundonald links GC, Scotland
- October: Italian Open, Olgiata GC, Rome
- November: Turkish Airlines Open, Regnum Carya Golf Resort
- November: Nedbank Golf Challenge, Sun City, South Africa
- DP World Tour Championship, Jumeirah Golf Estates, Dubai